To survive a recession and a down housing market, Schroll Cabinets needed to increase walk-in traffic in their four showrooms. To accomplish this goal, Linden’s strategy was designed around answering the consumer’s primary question: “Why should I spend money on a new kitchen?” Our research indicated that in Colorado, increasing the value of one’s home was continuing to present a stronger investment than, say, the stock market. To communicate this, we proposed a multi-part strategy including:
- A giveaway book of kitchen ideas available to people who meet with a kitchen designer at one of the showrooms (form inside allowed tracking of customer status and marketing gateway)
- Campaign-specific homepage at schrollcabinets.com with education and information about how to get started
- Google AdWords campaign for a 30-mile radius around each showroom
- Billboards in each market; drive traffic to the website
- 30-second television spots in each market; drive traffic to the website
- “Kitchen Economics” reproducible news article; drive traffic to the website
After six months, traffic to schrollcabinets.com had increased by 50% and the showroom traffic was meeting requirements to sustain the business as a whole.